Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What does it all mean!!!!???

Today I was on the front page for what seemed like just a few seconds. I got over 500 views from it and 30 new shop hearts. The item featured received 25 new hearts.

But I didn't sell one thing as a result...

What does it all mean!!!!??? This etsy stuff is hard....that's what it means. Featured, front pages, ads, free publicity, paid publicity. I'm really starting to thing that none of it matters. Its sort of just being in the right place at the right time and having the right viewer.

I think the only thing that we can do as sellers is just try to work on our craft more than our marketing. If you have an amazing product...word will get out eventually, right?

So far the things that work for me are: Facebook and $10 ads on Offbeat Bride. My two biggest hit makers are google and direct hits on etsy which cost me nothing.

What are your top 4 traffic sources?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking the same question too... it may have alot to do with targeting the right market as what you said.

    ~ Su
    www.ilmare.artfire.com
    www.ilmareatelier.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete